Many files at the following and other sites are in .PDF format.
Download and install Acrobat Reader.
- Sun and moon rise, set, and phase information by latitude and
longitude. (US Naval Observatory)
Google Earth Topo overlays
- These are all topographical maps overlayed with Google Earth and when you ZOOM into an area leave your mouse alone for a few seconds the topo map will appear.
KML flight path creator for Google Earth overlay
- uses a spreadsheet of recorded flight parameters (latitude, longitude and altitude) in csv format to create a flight path you can view in Google Earth.
The KML Creator can also create a display of other aircraft parameters relevant to the flight on the same screen. (From the ATSB)
- Information fo airspeed from Va to Vz, single and multi-engine aircraft.
Aviation Formulary V1.37
- Formulae for computation of great circle navigation distances, speed, position, etc. Includes calculators for figuring distance between points and more.
Aviation Covertors and Calculators
- Aviation based calculators, conversion charts and converter programs available for use. Some of these are directly related to the aviation community and some are of indirect interest.
Federal Aviation Regulations
- Title 14 of the U.S. CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, FEDERAL AVIATION
REGULATIONS Parts 1 Through 1399.
- FAA Regulatory and Guidance Library
- a set of searchable databases which contain regulatory, guidance and aviation product information. The RGL contains Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) from 14 CFR both in their current version as well as historical versions. It gives the user the ability to assemble certain FAR Parts as they existed at any date in the past (this is referred to as a Regulatory Basis). The RGL also contains make/model information for all civil aviation products including all current Type Certificate Data Sheets (TCDS). In addition, it contains all current Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and all aviation safety Advisory Circulars (ACs).
- Aeronautical Information Manual
- Official Guide to Basic Flight Information and ATC Procedures.
- FAA FOIA
- addresses and information about making FOIA requests to the FAA.
Type Certificate Data Sheets
- Listed by aircraft type, engine and propeller.
Supplemental Type Certificates
- Listed by manufacturer's name.(FAA)
Supplemental Type Certificates
- Listed by product group or number. (The Aviation DataBase ®)
Current FAA Advisory Circulars
- This database is a searchable repository of all aviation safety Advisory Circulars (ACs). You can look at the most current ACs by their AC Number, or Part Number. It is also possible to view historical AC information to see old or cancelled ACs. For each AC, you can view a pdf copy. (FAA)
- Online Digital Special Collections of interest to Department of Transportation (DOT) researchers and the transportation community at large. Includes CARs Civil Aeronautical Manual, superseded Advisory Circulars, historic aircraft accident reports and other interesting information.
Technical Standard Orders
- Current, cancelled and proposed TSOs.
Minimum Equipment Lists
- FAA Flight Standards Operations Specifications.
- Piper Aircraft Technical Publications
- Service Letters, Bulletins, Instructions, Vender Service Publications and Special Airworthiness Information.
- Lycoming Service Publications
- Service Letters, Bulletins, Instructions and Special Airworthiness Information Bulletins.
- Teledyne Continental Engine Publications
- This page provides access to a partial listing of some of the more commonly asked for service bulletins.
- Hawker Beechcraft Technical Publications
- Service Letters and Bulletins for all piston, turboprop airliner and jet aircraft. (Current year only)
- Kelly Aerospace Technical Publications
- Service Letters and Publications for heaters, elecrical accessories, fuel and filtration as well as turbocharging systems.
- Domestic and international NOTAMS from the FAA.
Rx - The Internet Drug Index
- Drug info including warnings, precautions, side effects, and interactions.
- Healthline has information on drugs, medications & supplements
- Comprehensive medical information for the public covering diseases,
illnesses, treatments, procedures, medications, first aid, health news
& facts, and an Ask The Experts Q&A section.
- Official package insert information on pharmaceuticals for both
health professionals and consumers, available by brand name, generic
name, manufacturer and therapeutic class.
Blood Alcohol Charts
- BAC charts for men and women. Data supplied by the Pennsylvania
Liquor Control Board.
Aircraft Reference Speeds
- Aircraft speeds with V reference designator for single and multi engine aircraft.
Law Enforcement Agency Sites
- This is the directory of Official law enforcement agencies from
around the world. At last count over 1,500 departments had submitted
their home pages.
Webster Hypertext Dictionary
- This hypertext Webster interface provides a point-and-click client
interface for accessing various dictionary services on the Internet.
Wordsmyth English Dictionary-Thesaurus
- Presented by Robert Parks and the ARTFL Project at the University
of Chicago. Remote Lookup. Dictionaries and Educational Resources.
WordLink Contest. Words of the Week. Question of the Week. Excellent site!
- Roget's Thesaurus
- Roget's Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases, classified and
arranged so as to facilitate the expression of ideas and assist in
Acronyms and abbreviation search
- A constantly updated acronym dictionary. The user can submit new acronyms.
Online Reference Library
- English, foreign language, technical, scientific dictionaries,
thesauri, acronyms, phonebooks, zip codes, maps, travel info and other
- definitions and explanations of medical terms. (MedicineNet)
vice versa quickly and accurately.
- Select a map by country, state, city or Zip code. Several sizes and
options to choose from.
- Maps On Us
- Provides integrated yellow pages, directions and mapping features in
an easy-to-navigate site.
Pesticide Information Profiles
- Search or browse EXTOXNET, a cooperative effort of University of
California-Davis, Oregon State University, Michigan State University,
and Cornell University. Primary files are maintained and archived at
Oregon State University.
Material Safety Data Sheets
- Numerous sources that give composition, labeling, hazards, and
necessary protective equipment for specific chemicals.
US Department of Transportation Information
- FAA publications, accident statistics and other transportation information.
US Department of State
- International travel requirements, embassy, security, and crime information.
- Area Codes by number
- The cities listed with each area code are the major cities for that area code; this originated as the city in which the switch computer for that area code is located, but is no longer the case. The cities listed are not intended to be exhaustive.
- United States Phone Books. White pagesand more. Alphabetic, residential, government, people, companies
Reverse phone number look-up
- Find names, addresses or zip codes using just the phone number or
address. Residential, business or fax.
NTSB Aviation - Regional and Field Offices
- Regional and field offices with addresses and telephone numbers nationwide.
FAA Centers and Regions
- Center, regional and FSDOs now with addresses and telephone numbers
- FAA Phone search
electronic telephone directory to FAA Offices.
- Searchable by last name or routing symbol. (FAA Data Systems)
Transport Canada Telephone search
- Electronic telephone directory searchable by name, title,
organization, phone number or just browse the listings.
State Aviation Agencies
- National Association of State Aviation Officials, links to state agencies.
Aviation and Aerospace Medicine
- A Web Resource for those with an interest in the human side of aviation.
- Pacific Information Resources
- Free public record information for all states.
- Emergency Responder information
- Responder information for Piper built aircraft.
Disclaimer: No warranty or claims are made or implied regarding the
accuracy or worthiness of the information, databases, and sites included or
linked to via this site. The forecast information provided by the weather
sites listed here should not used for preflight planning or in lieu of
officially disseminated weather forecasts and warnings. Inclusion of a site on these pages does not constitute an endorsement of goods or services provided by a firm or company.
Piper Aircraft, Inc.
Air Safety Investigation
Send comments and suggestions to:
Copyright © 1996 - 2012 Michael C. McClure
All rights reserved.