FAA Office of Accident Investigation
- A daily FAA listing of preliminary accident reports by
manufacturer for the last 10 days.(FAA, Oklahona City)
- NTSB Domestic Investigation Inquiry
- U. S. accident listing by year and month. (NTSB, Washington, DC)
- NTSB Foreign Investigation Inquiry
- Foreign accident chorological listing and search tool. (NTSB, Washington, DC)
- Aircraft Query
- Contains all current, deregistered, and reserved U.S. civil aircraft maintained by the FAA, Civil Aviation Registry,
Aircraft Registration Branch, AFS-750. Also displays current and historical summary SDR, Accident and other related data for aircraft
with the same N Number. (Aviation DB)
- Aircraft Registration Inquiry
- Inquire by N#, Name, Model, etc. Database updated daily. (FAA, Oklahoma City)
N# Inquiry only
- Airman Certification Inquiry
- Inquire by airman name. (FAA, Oklahoma City)
- Airman Certification Inquiry
- Contains the full FAA database of Airman, their ratings and type certificates, both domestic
and foreign. Also includes non aircrew personnel such as control tower operations, mechanics, dispatchers, and others.(Aviation DB)
World Aeronautical Database
- Search the database by ICAO, FAA ID, the name of an airport or city. Expansive directory of Airports and Navaids. Gives runway info, services, navaid info, etc.
- The AOPA Air Safety Foundation, in conjunction with the FAA Runway Safety Office, provides airport taxi diagrams for more than 330 of the busiest U.S. airports.
- Echo Flight now lets you view our digital NOAA Approach Plate scans on the web.
International Airport Search
- Search by 3-letter airport code, ICAO code, city or country.
NTSB Investigation Reports
- Summaries from the NTSB aviation accident database are updated daily on the web. The database contains information from 1983 and later about civil aviation accidents within the United States, its territories and possessions, and in international waters.
- NTSB Case Decisions Database Query Tool
- The final case decisions of the National Transportation Safety Board with regard to an airman, mechanic or mariner's appeal of action on his or her certificate
Code of Federal Regulations
- Title 49 Part 831 covers accident investigation
- FAA Regulatory Library
- A set of searchable databases which contain regulatory and aviation product information. Includes FARs, ADs and TCDSs.
- Search by product type, model or AD number. (Transport Canada).
- Files available from the FAA include AD's, NPR's, Special
Airworthiness Bulletins and the AD biweekly listing and index.
- New ADs less than 30 days old in Adobe Acrobat format from Aircraft
Service Difficulty Reports
- Service difficulty report submission, query and reference.
- Service difficulty report query through Landings.
FAA / Accident/Incident Database
- Searchable databases from FAA accident and incident
Airline Accident Database
- Contains all known aircraft (capable of carrying 19+ pax) write-offs
from 1970-1996. Excellent datadase!
- Airline safety information from the passenger perspective.
Contains information about personal safety, recent fatal events,
aircraft and airline accident data and other interesting information.
Aviation Accident Database
- Contains a database of all known aviation accidents involving 10
or more fatalities from 1908 to the present.
Also includes a "famous people killed in aviation accidents" page,
"twenty worst accidents" page, "unusual accidents" page, accident
statistics, accident pictures and much more.
A&P Mechanic Database
- Searchable database of licensed A&P mechanics.
Flight School Database
- Searchable list by state, city.
FAA Office of System Safety
- Provides access to aviation safety-related databases, safety reports
and publications, and information on the Global Analysis Information
Network (GAIN) project.
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- This page includes a wide range of links to sites of interest to the civil aviation community including governmental and other international organizations.
Canadian Transportation Safety Board
- Canadian aviation occurrence reports, synopsis or full report.
General Aviation Branch of Transport Canada.
United Kingdom Air Accident Investigations Branch
- AAIB accident and incident reports for the last year.
- Australian TSB
- Australian aviation occurrence reports, synopsis or download full
report (requires Acrobat Reader).
Ireland Air Accident Investigation Unit
- Part of the Department of Public Enterprise, and is responsible for the investigation of aircraft accidents and serious incidents within Ireland.
- Dutch Safety Board
- Certainly one of the nicer safety agency websites I've seen and it has a growing collection of reports online.
- Spain Commission of Civil Aircraft Accident Investigation
- Reports and other activities of the Ministry
- Swedish Accident Investigation Board
- The state authority tasked to investigate accidents and incidents for the purpose of improving safety in Sweden.
New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority
- New Zealand civil aviation occurrence reports for the last year.
- New Zealand Civil Aviation
- Includes registration for aeroplane, balloon, helicopter, etc.
- The Republic of China, Aviation Safety Council
- Full reports, Interim reports, recomendations and other information.
Disclaimer: No warranty or claims are made or implied regarding the
accuracy or worthiness of the information, databases, and sites included or
linked to via this site. The forecast information provided by the weather
sites listed here should not used for preflight planning or in lieu of
officially disseminated weather forecasts and warnings. Inclusion of a site on these pages does not constitute an endorsement of goods or services provided by a firm or company.
Piper Aircraft, Inc.
Air Safety Investigation
Send comments and suggestions to:
Copyright © 1996 - 2012 Michael C. McClure
All rights reserved.